Monday, December 31, 2018

Brozinni Pizzeria - Revisit


Ok, it’s possible that I have written about this place once or twice, or maybe ten times, but I honestly feel like it is my civic duty as a blogger to make sure everyone knows about it. So my daughter needed me to drive a friend to Greenwood, and I was more than happy to oblige, because I immediately thought, “I can get Brozinni!”

You always have to start with garlic knuckles. These are just twists of dough, but they come sitting in a pool of garlic butter. I was sad when I heard our server ask the table next to us, “Can I start you with an order of garlic knuckles?” And they said no. I had to restrain myself from going over there and telling them they were making a huge mistake. But I didn’t go. My daughter would have been horrified. But the knuckles are really good, and the extra sauce is imperative for dipping your crusts later.

This was the first time I had been for dinner. At lunch you can just order a slice of pizza, but at night it’s whole pies only. So we “suffered” through it and ordered one for the two of us. I got my classic pizza topping, mushroom and red onion, and my daughter got pepperoni. Even though we got the “smaller” 16-inch version, it was way too much food for us and made for a hearty second dinner the following night. This is hands down my favorite pizza place in Indy. It is one of the few New York style pizzerias in Indy, and it pulls off that authentic chewy, foldable crust. And one of the benefits of ordering a whole pie is that they make it to order so I got a lot more uniform mushroom and red onion distribution. On a slice, for my combo, they just take a cheese slice, add my ingredients and then add a little more cheese. Still good, but not as proportional.

Bonus points to the waitress who carded me when I ordered a glass of wine. We all knew she wasn’t fooling anyone, but it increased her tip anyway. Seriously, if you haven’t been, check it out. Totally worth it. 

Brozinni Pizzeria
8810 S. Emerson Ave
Indy.  46237
317/885-0911


3 comments:

  1. This pizza looks fantastic. With so many pizza places popping up it's nice to know some that are actually worth visiting. Unfortunately I almost never find myself down on the South side so I don't know when I'll get to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried the Sicilian style they offer? Surprisingly good - different, chunkier sauce but very, very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew if I found myself in Greenwood, I'd have to try this place, based on your recommendation. Today was the day, and it did not disappoint. The knuckles were out of this world, and that garlic sauce was addicting! I had a slice of Canal Street, which had Abit of everything I like. I appreciate that they chop the veggies into little bits, so there's a bit of everything in each bite. Really wish they had a north side location.

    ReplyDelete