Monday, July 21, 2014

Guest Post: Bearcats

Hi Indianapolis Restaurant Scene readers!  I am Megan from the NapTownDiva Blog.  I am filling in for Erin today who is taking some time off to let her wrist heal.  Poor thing!  No fun to have a broken bone in the middle of summer.  Lots of well wishes headed your way, Erin!

Just like Erin I love to eat at local Indy restaurants.  I live/work downtown and consider myself an expert of eateries in this area.  A hidden gem I would love to share with you is Bearcats.  It is located just south of 11th St. and Senate Ave. in the historical Stutz Building.  Quick history lesson for you if you haven't heard of the Stutz Building.  Harry Stutz owned and operated Stutz Motorcar Company here from 1911-1919.  It was here he built the 'Bearcat' which raced in the very first Indianapolis 500.  Talk about history!  Now the building is home to all kinds of businesses including Bearcats Restaurant.

I frequent Bearcats as it not too far from where I work.  Only a block east of the canal.  They are open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and have a nice bar area.   They have a variety of food such as soups, salads, sandwiches, wraps, and burgers.


I would say their pork tenderloin sandwich ($7.99) is their specialty.  It is big enough to make 2 sandwiches!  My friend enjoyed this feast and had plenty of leftovers.  I have had this sandwich before and it is the best tenderloin in town!

I decided to try one of their new sandwiches, the Grouper Po' Boy ($8.99).  Oh man was it delicious.  So fresh and that breading is out of this world!!!  It was topped with chipolte mayo and onion straws.  It just was amazing!  And those sweet potato waffle fries.  They really topped the meal off.

Another one of my favorites here is their Endless Soup and Salad.  For just $7.99 you get a bottomless bowl garden salad with all the fixins.  You also choose from one of their 3 soups which change daily.  My co-worker and I like to go here when we are in the mood for a good soup.  Their onion rings and breaded mushrooms are heavenly.  I'm telling you anything batter dipped here is going to make your taste buds dance.  Their bar offers 16 beers on tap including some from Indiana.

If you decide to give Bearcats a try, let me know what you think. Please connect with me at NaptownDiva Blog. Happy Eating, Indy!

Bearcats
1055 N. Senate Ave
Indy 46202
317/602-3509
www.bearcatsindy.net

No comments:

Post a Comment