Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Dragon House Chinese Eatery

I love twitter. I didn’t think I would, but the other day I was sort of stuck in Fishers for a few hours, and I realized if I could find a decent place to eat that had wifi, I could actually get something accomplished all while eating my lunch. So I posted a tweet asking for any recommendations, and thanks to @Indytina, I ended up at Dragon House at 116th and Allisonville.

I think this place is sort of known for its buffets (they offer one for lunch and one for dinner) but I am not generally a buffet kind of gal generally so I ordered off the menu. You order at the front and then take a seat and they bring it out to you. This place seems to be doing a pretty good business as it was more than half full on a random Wednesday and it is pretty big. I always like to see that in a place. The interior is not the surprising warm interior you sometimes find in strip malls, it is pretty bare bones, truly reminds you of a Chinese place you might see in a China town. Nothing fancy about it.

Anyway, I ordered the garlic chicken lunch special, which comes with steamed rice (you can substitute fried rice for an extra $.50), and 2 veggie spring rolls. The lady at the front also asked me how spicy I wanted it (it was designated on the menu as a spicy item anyway). I told her medium just to see what that meant since usually I don’t find Chinese food to be very spicy. The chicken was all white meat and was served with a massive amount of veggies, including carrots, broccoli, baby corn, red and green peppers, cabbage and yummy mushrooms. You know what? It was pretty good. I liked it. Sort of an old fashioned Chinese place with all the old school things on the menu—moo goo gai pan, sweet and sour pork, chicken chow mein, the works. But the food is fresh, and my garlic chicken actually had some heat to it after a couple bites. The spring rolls were also quite tasty and crisp and were a nice little side dish. And the amount of food you get for $5.25 is pretty generous.

I actually quite liked this place and would gladly go again. If I lived closer, I might even get it frequently. Good food at a great price. And clearly the buffet is a big draw if you’re into that. And hey, there’s a cute Korean place next door called Café Korea that looked a little intriguing too—anyone been there?

And thanks again to Twitter and @Indytina! And hey, remember, I am there too --@indyrestscene

Dragon House Chinese Eatery
7260 Fishers Crossing Drive
Fishers, IN 46038
317-594-8663
www.dragonhousefishers.com

2 comments:

  1. I was intrigued by your mention of Cafe Korea, so I checked it out for dinner. (I might add that I am Korean and since I live in Noblesville, Fishers is easier than Pendleton Pike - the only other Korean option since I think E. Miracle is a waste of time.) The food was great and the surroundings were clean and minimal. The service was very good (and friendly - which you don't always get at authentic Korean restaurants.) The server told me that they have been open for 3 months. Sadly, their marketing seems to be non-existent. Please check it out and blog about it. I have a feeling they can use all the help they can get, and I, for one, would love it if they stayed around a while longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is a blog post from a while back, but the girlfriend and I tried this place a while ago and since it has become one of our favorites. We do enjoy getting the buffet. This place has less items than others, but what is there seems to be more fresh and better prepared. I wouldn't have discovered had I not read about it on here.

    ReplyDelete