Friday, January 9, 2009

Happy Anniversary to Me!

I am excited to write that today is my one year anniversary writing my blog. I want to thank all of you who have been there from the beginning (Mom, Dad, Heather and Hubby) and all of you who have found me in the last 12 months. My reader base has grown significantly and it truly gives me hope to know there are so many of you who care about good food in our fair City. I also appreciate all the supportive emails I have received from many of you as well as the comments to my posts. A special shout out to Renee and Feed Me/Drink Me as well for the mentions my blog has received there.

Now, as a present to me (my favorite kind), and to the rest of my readers, I am asking you all to comment to this post sending me two of your favorite restaurants—maybe one that is a nice restaurant and another that is a little place that maybe I haven’t heard of. Or just two of your regular haunts that you feel are underrated. Or just your two faves period. Whatever they are, I am always looking for new inspiration and I know you all will have it! I will also enjoy seeing if some of your favorites are the same as mine.

Thanks again to each and every one of you and here’s to another great and hopefully, delicious, year!

Cheers!
Erin

13 comments:

  1. Here's one: I haven't been there in ages, but Banura's Greek was a great one back in the day (when it was originally located at the current location of Oh Yumm).

    Here's another random one: My dad is in love with a Korean place he says is great. E. Miracle Korean/Japanese up in Fishers.

    I'm an old-school Banura's fan, and I'm game for some Korean.

    New to you, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine would be #1 pho in beach grove best pho in town. the other would be country kitchen 19th & college best soul food in town. thanks fo all your hard work Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Brent for H20 and King David Dogs sent via email!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary Erin!

    I can't say I've decided on a favorite so far, during my 8 months in town I've been busy trying out as many different places as possible to get the lay of the land.

    For fine dining I've been most impressed by L'Explorateur. The chef has a confident hand and creates delicious, interesting food without crossing over into the land of the bizarre.

    My regular go to places have been Thai Taste, Taiwan Tea House and WB Pizza. Just consistently good and tasty food whenever we've had either dine in, delivery or carryout from all three and everything at a fair price.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks to all of you who have posted--some great ideas indeed...and everyone else..keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary!

    A couple of favorites are:

    El Rincon Jarocho for their barbacoa and pozole. During the summer they sometimes offer a quesadilla with squash blossoms that is sublime.

    Shanghai Lil's and Great Garden for their dim sum and their regular menus. Both offer Chinese food that's a step above the heavily battered, deep fried, brown gooey sauced dishes that are passed off as Chinese food in Indy.

    And for a simple lunch, I have to say I love Ruth's at the crossing for their good sandwiches and lovely tossed green salad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you haven't tried The Goose (25th & Delaware) for their great sandwiches, you're missing a wonderful treat! Nothing fancy but really a special little place...

    Also, try George's at 71st & Binford for good salads at lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enrico's on Hillside - family-run italian

    Sesame Chinese Restaurant - near 86th and Ditch, formerly Cheng Du at 86th and Township Line, and before that in Broad Ripple (over a decade ago).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heather, E. Miracle has awesome complimentary tea after the meal. I hate tea, but love this stuff. Hubby and I like to go there for that alone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! I just found your blog last week, but I have enjoyed reading your reviews.

    I'm a regular at Aesop's Table on Mass ave. They have really great Greek food that is different from any other place I've been in Indy.

    Also, I love Yats. Its def one of the most laid back, casual places you can eat, but they have delicious Cajun-creole food and I always take friends from out of town to eat there.

    Thanks again for all of the work you've put into this blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Erin, You should come out and try Charbonos in Avon. Eclectic menu and locally owned. They have two or three other restaurants locally but Charbonos is our favorite! And you could visit you sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know Heather Banura1 Restaurant is still the best Greek food in town. It is at 79 and Michigan Rd.

    ReplyDelete