Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Eat, Drink and Help LLS

You guys know that on occasion, I use my blog as way to raise interest (and money) about certain fundraising activities. Some good friends of mine have been raising money for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society for many years and now my friend Matt is up for Man of the Year. He and his wife Jen are hosting various events in the next couple of months to raise money and this one just seemed too perfect for me not to share, since I know you guys all love food. Who wouldn't want to have a chance to have dinner at the iconic St. Elmo and raise money for such a good cause at the same time? Hubby and I will be there and would love the chance to meet some of you guys in person!

Matt and Jen have a personal connection to this charity because Matt lost his brother Joel to Lymphoma in 2000--Joel was a third year medical student at the time. I have my own personal connection because my Dad was diagnosed with Lymphoma in 2004. Our family was lucky and he is now happily cancer-free, but I realize it is because of fundraising efforts like this that allow new ideas and treatments to be constantly evolving that helped my Dad beat his Lymphoma.

So come party with us and feel good about it!

For $100 donation you will get:

-St. Elmo's famous shrimp cocktail
-N.Y. strip steak (vegetarian option available)
-family-style side dishes
-wine, beer and cocktails
-lots of fun and opportunities to bid on fun food and wine-related auction items

Come on out and support this great cause. A link to RSVP and where to send payment info is here:

https://www.smore.com/b2gm-eat-drink-and-hel
p-lls

If you would like to just make a donation to Matt's campaign, you can do that here:
http://www.mwoy.org/pages/in/indy14/matt

For more information about the LLS Boy and Girl of the year (and they are adorable), here's a great inspirational video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNRRK1msE78&feature=em-upload_owner

Matt's Brother Joel

Hope to see you there!

-Erin

P.S. Please tell me if you're coming so I can look for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment