Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Z's Oyster Bar & Steakhouse Update

*****AS OF JUNE 3, 2011 Z's IS CLOSED*****

A quick update on Z's. We went there for dinner last week and it was back up to its original standard and even a little better. After one trip where it was very crowded (on a Saturday night), the food quality was lower and the service was just plain bad, it took us awhile to go back. However, when we did, we were reminded of all the reasons we loved it the first time we went. Of course, it was not crowded (at all) so it was easier to give good service and prepare the food so well..

Anyway, the roasted clams, which we have ordered most visits, were delicious. And they now include bacon and chives which made them extra tasty. Reminded me of this claim and sausage combo that we had in a little divey place in Portugal that I can still remember because it was so good.

I had the walu, or butterfish, again (I can't help it, I don't think I have had better fish.) I remembered to order the tail end so it wasn't SOO thick. It was outstanding again. Hubby had a steak again and loved it as well. I had several bites and it was quite good. (My fish was better if you ask me).

We did get dessert just to try something new, we had the chocolate souffle (souffles are supposedly their specialty). I miss the bread puddings they had in the beginning. It was good, but not overly memorable.

But all in all, this place is great. Try it on a weekday when it isn't so busy. They even have an outside seating area--looks nice although the sound of 465 may get to you after awhile.

Z's Oyster Bar & Steakhouse
6220 Castleway W Drive
Indy 46250
317-644-8000
www.zsoyster.com

No comments:

Post a Comment