Sunday, July 6, 2008

Rick's Cafe Boatyard

I am so behind.. Summer is flying by and I have had some great meals, but no time to write about them. So I am trying to do some catch up. A few weeks ago we went to Rick's Boatyard over on Eagle Creek. The night we went was one of those nights when there were tornado warnings all through the night, and all though it was impressive watching the storms, it probably wasn't the safest choice.

We started with the calamari which was described as "tempura." I wouldn't exactly call it "tempura," more like a light breading to me, but I will say it was really good. It was more like strips of the body of the calamari (as opposed to the normal rings and tentacles you usually get with fried calamari), but it was super tender and I thought really good. As did everyone else at the table. It was served with a remoulade sauce that was quite tasty, but it was good with just a squeeze of lemon if you ask me.

I then had the combo of tempura shrimp and Parmesan crusted tilapia. It was good, but not as good as the calamari. The funny thing was the dinner portions were huge but the calamari portion quite dainty. Hubby has planked whitefish which was also good, but again, did not measure up to the quality of the calamari. We saw someone else get crab legs which looked really good. I think we have decided that next time we will get the calamari and the crab and see how that is. We also had a mud pie type dessert which I guess they are known for. It was decadent and quite good as well.

I really liked the atmosphere of the reservoir-side dining and always enjoy finding such places in our fair, land-locked City. I know it has been around a long time, but it was my first time there. If you haven't been or haven't been in awhile, give it a try. Especially when the weather is nice.

Rick's Cafe Boatyard
4050 Dandy Trail
Indy, 46254
317-290-9300
http://www.rickscafeboatyard.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment